Monthly Members’ Coffee Mornings
Every month we host a Members’ coffee morning. These are informal, fun and interesting, providing our members with the opportunity to get to know the various Garden departments, staff and volunteers a little better and provide our members with a “behind the scenes” insight into the daily running of the Garden.
We are also organising coach trips to visit our reciprocal gardens, providing members with an opportunity to see other gardens they may not normally have the opportunity to visit.
All coffee mornings are ‘bookable’ events. Coffee/Tea and biscuits £1 per head. To reserve a seat/place: Members are requested to book in advance by calling Jane on 01558 667118 or emailing email@example.com
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
It has now been decided to combine volunteers with members coffee mornings once a month, and obviously volunteers will not have to pay – we do ask members to make a small charge.
We have a very interesting line-up of talks, tours and trips planned for 2012/13 and feel that volunteers would get more out of these meetings as they offer a little more construction and interest – any matters you wish to discuss with me can be done so at the time or in private if you wish.
- Friday 18 January 2013. Illustrated talk by Rob Thomas entitled “William Paxton reclaiming a Regency Rarity’.
- Friday 15 February. Illustrated talk about all types of Aquilegia by Garden Member Carrie Thomas. Hints for successful sowing and growing. Seeds will be available. £2/head to include tea/coffee.
- Friday 15 March. Illustrated talk by Nick Priestland about his Bog Garden at the Cors Restaurant in Laugharne. £2/head to include tea/coffee.
- a trip to Highgrove in April TBC
- members day/plant sale in May
- talk about Honeybees in June
- Identifying Welsh plants in July
- trip to Shrewsbury flower show in August
- talk about orchids in the tropical house in September – TBC
All the talks take place on the 3rd Friday of every month, meeting for coffee at 11am followed by tour/talk at 11.30am.
NB. Talks and trips may change due to circumstances beyond our control, we always advise that members check events prior to booking.