Organising your school trip
School and college groups must be booked in advance to qualify for group rates. You can come at any time of the year (the Garden is open every day except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
How to book
Make a booking request by e-mail email@example.com. or ring the Education Office on 01558 667150 with the following information:
- Name of school or college and teacher in charge
- Number of students and accompanying adults
- Age of students
- Required date for visit – please have alternatives prepared in case your first choice is unavailable
- Type of visit – Taught Programme, Self Led Group visit or specialist course.
- Programme you wish to book into if appropriate
- Any special requirements
- Time of arrival and departure – this allows us to plan your day
- Choice of Language -We will endeavour to provide a teacher in your chosen language, however if this proves difficult we will contact the school and make alternate arrangements
Undercover lunch space is available in case of inclement weather
In the event of Garden staff illness we will contact the school first thing in the morning.
Charges (Excluding VAT)
|Foundation Phase (3 – 7yrs)||£4.50 (1) £6.00 (2)||£3.50|
|KS 2,3,4||*£4.50 (1) £6.00(2)||£3.50|
|Post 16||*£5.25 (1) £6.50 (2)||£4.50|
* This is applicable for all programmes except Field Safari, and the Ecological Studies programmes that are all day programmes therefore charged at a double programmed rate of £6.00
There is a minimum charge of £65.00 per group for Education Programmes.
Accompanying adults are free within the following supervision ratios
- 1 adult to 3 children aged 3 – 5
- 1 adult to 5 children at Key Stage 1
- 1 adult to 8 children at Key Stage 2
- 1 adult to 10 children at Key Stage 3, 4, and above
- Additional adults will be charged the concessionary rate of £4.00
Students remain the responsibility of their own leader, and should be supervised at all times on site.
A charge of £50 will be made if you cancel less than 2 weeks before the confirmed date. If cancellation is made in less than 48 working hours of the scheduled visit then you will be charged the full cost of your visit.
How to pay
Following your booking, a confirmation letter with details of your visit and a risk assessment form will be sent to you. The full cost will be invoiced after your visit.
The National Botanic Garden is about 7 miles from Carmarthen, easily reached by a direct sliproad from the A48. A map will be sent with you confirmation sheet, and you can find additional map details here.
The Garden has been designed to be wheelchair friendly and is accessible to all visitors whatever their ability.
Fully equipped first aid rooms are available in the Gatehouse, Great Glasshouse and Stableblock. Teaching staff will carry first aid kits with them.
Risk Assessment download
School staff need to familiarise themselves with the our Risk Assessment before booking, and will be required to sign and return the confirmation booking slip before their visit.
In the event of severe weather conditions please contact the Education department on 01558 667150 before leaving school. Garden staff will contact schools if they feel Health and Safety will be compromised due to the weather.