Festive fair is a gift

Festive fair is a gift

The National Botanic Garden’s Christmas Craft Fair is going to be a real cracker.

It takes place in the stunning surrounds of the Great Glasshouse next weekend (Dec 8-9) and is brimming with brilliant, locally-made craft.

From Welsh wool knitwear and kiln-fired copper enamelling, to jewellery, lovespoons, teddy bears, pictures and prints; there’s something for everyone.

Perfect for that difficult-to-buy-for relative or friend, the Christmas Craft Fair is open from 10am-4.30pm on both days. Normal Garden admission applies.

Craft fair organiser Dawn Crisp said: “We have a marvellous mix of the traditional and the modern with lots of stalls offering plenty of choice for people of all ages. So, come along and get your gifts. Why not bring the children to see Santa – and make a real festive family fun day of it.”

For more information about this and other festive events at the Garden, call 01558 667149.

6 Responses to “Festive fair is a gift”

1. EMMA says:

Hello,
    Will this be a free event, if not how much please?

2. EMMA says:

Is this a free event?

3. Bruce says:

Hello Emma
    You’ll have to pay normal admission prices to the Garden but it’s free once you’re here. The admission price is Adults £8.50, OAPs £7, 5-16 year olds £4.50 but under 5s get in fpr free.

4. Karen says:

Hi Bruce, I do think it’s a bit steep expecting people to pay £8.50 for an event when they will be expected to spend more money at. How about charging the stall holders who will be making money on the day? I would like to bring my elderly parents but £7 is also a lot to pay out of their pensions. I wonder if more people might make it to the gardens if you reduced your prices a little.

5. Bruce says:

Hi Karen. I understand what you are saying. However, we are a charity that has to generate income from admission to survive. We put on events such as the gift fair as an added bonus for our visitors, whose admission fee allows them to come and enjoy all of our permanent attractions, such as the Great Glasshouse, lakeside walks, Tropical House, ghost forest, artworks and exhibitions, which are as magical in winter as they are in summer. We do make an exception to this rule in January though. Most days will be free entry apart from special event weekends when will be charging a £2 entrance fee. I hope this helps.

6. Karen says:

Thank you Bruce for taking the time to reply and to explain about your charity status. This has given me a different perspective and I can now include the gardens in my giving to charity list. I look forward to enjoying the gardens next weekend and will also make the most of the reduced entry in January.
    Season’s Greetings!