If you are not already a member of the botanic garden, here’s your chance.
By becoming a member of the Garden, not only will you be supporting our charity and helping us to carry out essential research, but members can also enjoy an excellent range of benefits:
- Free entry for the duration of your membership* and free parking
- Membership badge(s)
- Members’ coffee mornings; talks, tours and trips to other gardens
- Annual garden party – special day for NBGW members, including talks, workshops and events.
- Members’ magazine – Yr Ardd – 3 editions per annum
- Varied and full events calendar throughout the year: talks, concerts, food and craft fairs, music, theatre, and horticultural events
- Free entry to the following gardens throughout the UK:
- Picton Castle and Gardens, Haverfordwest
- Westonbirt Arboretum, Tetbury, Gloucestershire
- University of Oxford Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum
- The Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses
- The Living Rainforest, Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (Oct-Mar only)
- The Sir Harold Hillier Gardens and Arboretum, Hampshire
- HDRA Ryton Organic Gardens, Coventry
- The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Younger Botanic Garden, Argyll
- Logan Botanic Garden, Galloway
- Dawick Botanic Garden, Scottish Borders
- 10% discount in the botanic garden Gift Shop and Plant Sales
- Discounts on courses held by the NBGW e.g. bee-keeping, wood-turning, craft and herbal remedy workshops
- Free membership of ‘Wild Bunch’ for children (aged between 5 & 12) as part of Single Parent & Family Membership
* Certain exclusions apply . . . AND Members can now use the Library (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) after making prior arrangements with the Library team.
|Membership Plus (Individual + Guest)||£60||N/A||N/A|
|Single Parent Family (1 Adult + up to 3 children 5 – 18 years of age||£55||N/A||N/A|
|Family (2 adults & up to 4 children 5-18)||£67||£515||£665|
To become a member you will have to fill in a membership application form. There are 3 ways to get a form.
- Download a Membership Form (English) or Membership Form (Cymraeg).
- Telephone Jane Down on 01558 667118 (membership can be taken over the phone) or e-mail her on firstname.lastname@example.org, to request a membership application form.
- Pick up a membership application form at the main visitor reception.
Completed membership forms can be handed in to the main visitor reception (where you will receive a temporary membership card valid for 28 days) or application forms can be posted to the following address: Membership, National Botanic Garden of Wales, Llanarthne, Carmarthenshire SA32 8HN NB. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of membership pack and cards.
Membership as a Gift
If you would like others to enjoy our beautiful Garden and all it has to offer and, at the same time, support our charitable work and research, then we are happy to arrange membership as a gift for birthdays, Christmas, weddings, anniversaries, retirement or just as a thank-you to someone special in your life. Membership packs are sent in a seasonal/festive cover and can be posted either to the purchaser or the recipient. Your own message can be printed on the pack. Please allow 10 days for processing. To make your purchase, either complete the membership form or telephone the membership secretary: Jane Down on: 01558 667118 or email email@example.com
Tours + Talks + Trails
Would you like the Garden to give your gardening club/society, WI, U3A group etc a talk? We have a small team of staff and volunteers who would be delighted to visit your society to give a general illustrated talk about the National Botanic Garden of Wales. Generally speaking, we are able to offer talks both during the day and evening, if speakers are available. We have volunteers based throughout the south and west of wales and some are prepared to travel a little further if required. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01558 667149
Monthly Members and Volunteers’ Coffee Mornings
During the year, the Garden hosts a series of Members and Volunteers’ coffee mornings; they are normally held on the third Friday of the month. These events give members the opportunity to hear about new projects at the Garden or get an update on current projects. Coffee mornings might also involve a guest speaker who specialises in a certain subject that is complementary to the Garden’s ethos, mission and objectives. We also arrange coach trips to partner gardens and various garden shows/events. Coffee mornings also provide an opportunity for members to meet other members, staff and volunteers. It is a very sociable occasion but also one where like-minds and horticultural/environmental interests come together. All coffee mornings are ‘bookable’ events. There is a small charge, £2 per head, which includes coffee/tea & biscuits. To reserve a place, members are requested to book in advance by telephoning Jane on: 01558 667118 or email: email@example.com Forthcoming Events for 2013 – 2014
|Friday 21st February, 2014||Theatr Botanica||The Life and Times of a Georgian Gardener An illustrated talk by Jane Down looking at the life of a gardener in Georgian Britain.|
|Friday 21st March, 2014||Theatr Botanica||A History of David Austin Roses Mike Sokolowski from David Austin Roses will be giving an illustrated talk about the history of the company.|
|Friday 11th April, 2014||Depart NBGW at 09.15am||Coach trip to the RHS Cardiff Horticulture Show held in Bute Park.||Contact Jane for further information.|
|Friday 16th May, 2014||Members Day – talks, workshops, guided tours etc throughout the Garden.|
|Friday June 20th, 2014||Depart NBGW at 09.30am||Guided Tour of the Growing The Future Garden site TBC|
|Wednesday 16th Julyth, 2014||Meet at Theatr Botanica||Coach trip to The Cors Restaurant & Garden (am) and Picton Castle & Gardens (pm).||Contact Jane for further information.|
|Friday 15th Augustth, 2014||Theatr Botanica||The Life of the Bumblebee An illustrated talk looking at the different species of bumblebee in the UK, their habitat and environment, with Andrew Martin who was a researcher at Rothamsted for many years, before retiring recently to Wales.|
|Friday 19th September, 2104||Theatr Botanica||Talk TBC|
|Friday 17th October, 2014||Coach Trip||Westonbirt Departure times & cost TBC|
|Friday 21st November,2014||Theatr Botanica||Talk TBC|