Wales Wildflower Day
Come to an orchid-rich hay meadow just two minutes’ walk from our Seasons Restaurant.
Join artists and plant enthusiasts in being inspired by Welsh wildflowers.
• Enjoy our guided tours of butterflies, bees and flowers
• Find out how to collect wildflower seeds
• Learn how to identify wildflowers
• Get to know what’s special about Welsh orchids
• Taste the health giving flavour of Welsh wildflowers
• Admire a special hay meadow stitching exhibition
• Wildflower woodturning demonstration
• Make your own wildflower inspired creation – you’re welcome to bring sketchbooks, paints, needles or whatever you can use in a meadow!!
10 – 11am: Moths in the Meadow. Join moth trapper Marigold Oakley to see which moths have been feeding on our wildflowers overnight. Venue: Stables Courtyard
11- 11.30am & 2.45 – 3.15pm: Butterfly Walk through the Meadow with Deborah Sazer*
12 – 12.30pm & 3.30 – 4pm: Bee Walk through the Meadow with Clare Flynn*
1 – 1.45pm: The Orchids of Welsh National Nature Reserves with Sue Parker. Venue: Theatr Botanica
2 – 2.30pm: Wildflower Walk through the Meadow with Bruce Langridge*
*All guided tours leave from the marquee in the hay meadow (see map)
Help artist Martin Reed create a painting in tribute to Dylan Thomas’ Under Milk Wood.